There was a time when loving and dedicated women forgot about themselves, all in an effort to make sure that the ones they loved were cared for. Well, that is a wonderful sacrifice to make. And it is one that is to be continued.
However, I submit that it’s an even better sacrifice when you can realize that the ones you love also love you. Just as you want the very best for them, they want the very best for you. They also want you to be around for a long time. With that in mind don’t ever forget about yourself. It’s not healthy. When we forget about ourselves we leave out the essentials in life starting with keeping oneself healthy. Ask yourself:
When was the last time I had a
- Pap Smear
- Physical Examination
- Eye Exam
- Dentist appointment
You’re not doing good to ignore these essential appointments in your life. They’re necessary. Not only that, but when have you taken time and bought an outfit just because you wanted it? It doesn’t have to be for a special occasion, but just because you liked it. Huh?
Do these things to add balance to your life:
- Go to the movies with your girlfriends or even by yourself
- Get a pedicure and manicure
- Get acrylic nails put on
- Take a walk
- See if you can still ride that bike
- Go to a restaurant and try something different to eat, like squid or grape leaves
- Turn off the phone, put on some music, get a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of lemonade, pick up that book and read until you fall asleep on the sofa for a nap.
- Get in a tub of hot water and soak until it cools off and fill it up again.
Life is wonderful and it’s to be cherished daily. Don’t let yourself fall into a rut. But if it happens, please don’t stay there. Take some me time. You’re worth it.